Admissions Open !
For Academic Year 2022 - 2023
Dear Prospective Candidates,
Admissions for the New Academic Session starting 2022 - 2023 are now open.
Being a Government University and Asia's oldest and 1st University for Journalism, admission to Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism and Communication is highly sought after.
There are limited seats available for the Bachelors and Masters Degree Courses as per the following details -
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN MASS COMMUNICATION (3 year) - 30 Seats
MASTERS OF ARTS IN MASS COMMUNICATION (2 year) - 25 Seats
UNDER GRADUATE DIPLIMA IN JOURNALISM (1 year) - 15 Seats
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN JOURNALISM (1 year) - 15 Seats
The Admission Process is:
1. Student must fill and submit the Online Application Form available on the website and apply for admission and pay the application fees.
2. The Application will be scrutinised after which the student will be contacted by the Admission Department.
3. An Online/ telephonic Interview will be held with each candidate to judge their suitability for admission. The interview will test the candidates general knowledge and current affairs skills. Please Note - Due to COVID 19 Pandemic, Entrance Exam for admissions will not be held for the Academic Year 2022-2023. Instead all candidates will be required to give an Interview with the College Faculty in which their suitability will be judged).
4. Names of Short listed students, who ace the interview and are awarded the highest marks will be prepared and submitted to the Admission Committee of the College.
5. Based on availability of seats, these students will be offered admission to the College and they must confirm their admission within 1 week time from the offer date by submitting the requiste fees and their educational documents.
6. If a student fails to confirm his or her admission within 1 week of the Admission Offer, their seat will be deemed forfeited and the next in line student will be offered the seat in the programme instead.
7. The Admissions will happen on a rolling basis starting from March 2022 and will last until the seats of the requisite courses are full.
8. Once all the programme seats are full, the Admissions for Academic Year 2022 - 2023 will be declared closed. An Official Notification for the same will be issued on the College Website.
UG DIPLOMA/ BACHELORS DEGREE
Student must have a 10+2 (Class 12) Passing Certificate from a Government Recognised School Board. Students who will be completing their Board Exams by May 2022 are eligible to apply and admsision to these students will be given on provisional basis.
Preference will be given to students who are completing their class 12 board exams in 2022. All streams - Science, Commerce and Humanities are eligible for admission. Their is no subject criteria for Journalism and Mass Communication.
PG DIPLOMA/ MASTERS DEGREE
Students must have a Bachelors Degree (3 years) from a UGC Recorgnised University. Students who will be giving their final semester bachelor exams in May/June 2022 are eligble to apply and admission to these students will be given on provisional basis.
There is no particular subject requirement for Journalism and Mass Communications. Students from any background with a bachelors degree can apply.
IMPORTANT : Once the College seats are full, no further admission will be taken under any circumstances.
For Enquiries - Candidates can contact the College at 9910774410, 011-42909920 or email us at email@example.com